Acres of Hope is a spiritually-based renewal center serving homeless women with children by providing them with a home and an environment of structured programming. Acres of Hope’s unique approach allows residents to live onsite for up to two years while staff and volunteers provide encouragement, practical life-skills training, job skills, mentoring and spiritual direction.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR:
$12/hour; Part-time 24-28 hrs per week, flexible availability M-F between 9am and 4pm
The Childcare Assistant helps run the trauma informed childcare program at Acres of Hope, a faith based, residential renewal center. The primary goal of our childcare program is to give children a safe place to heal and learn the social-emotional skills they will need to be successful in life. The childcare assistant engages daily with children who have experience trauma to meet their on-going needs and support their recovery and development.
1. Daily maintenance of child care center and outdoor recreation areas ensuring a safe, clean, calm environment conducive to the growth and development of families who are utilizing the program.
1. Care for children newborn-10 years old that have come from hard places and/or are in the process of reunification. Some children have language and motor skills delays or struggle with dysregulation
2. Use of Trauma Informed Practices including those utilized throughout the program – TBRI and The Sanctuary model. Training will be provided.
3. Assist in maintaining the daily routine. If needed provide one on one supports for dysregulated children so leader can maintain daily routine
4. Participate in prayer, Christian songs and Bible stories with the children
5. Work in a fully transparent environment that is observed throughout the day by parents and staff
6. Help prepare the learning environment, set-up centers, prepare materials and gather supplies. Sanitize facilities, toys and equipment daily
7. Help children meet their social-emotional goals working with them one-on-one to practice assigned skills
8. Communicate with parents in a cooperative, empowering manner. Provide support and assist mothers in meeting the physical and emotional, needs of a child via coaching if requested
9. Model social-emotional skills throughout the day
10. Help interns and volunteers become familiar with agency methods and utilizing TBRI scripts.
11. Assist in activities for the whole family such as mommy and me groups
12. Attend staff meetings, retreats and training programs. Meet the monthly 2-hour training requirement
13. Comply with record keeping in a timely manner
14. Maintain flexibility and be prepared to shift roles or change activities to meet the complex needs of families in a residential program
15. Transport families to appointments and watch children with a mother who is at an appointment if needed
16. Fill in answering the phones or supervising the community house for short periods of time if needed
17. Perform miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
1. Must be able to relate to the residents in a grace-based manner while still being firm on expectations. Able to hold healthy boundaries and be a safe person
2. Able to regulate your own emotions and committed to working on your own emotional intelligence
3. Experience and/or understanding of at-risk populations helpful (addiction, homelessness, domestic violence or mental illness)
4. College degree in a related field preferred or least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
5. Basic computer skills: internet, email, word processing.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
7. Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work in a changing environment with an ability to work independently.
8. Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail.
9. Ability to analyze and solve problems.
10. Understanding of and sensitivity to culturally diverse populations.
11. Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
12. Ability to follow through on assigned tasks to completion.
13. Ability to regularly lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
14. Ability to climb, jump, kick and ball, run and crawl
15. Hold a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a standard passenger vehicle.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES and VALUES
1. Ability to maintain an atmosphere of confidentiality with resident and staff information.
2. Ability to maintain an atmosphere of professionalism with respect shown to all.
3. Be in agreement with the vision, mission, values and beliefs of Placer Family Housing.
4. Have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
5. Must have a keen desire to help children ages birth through 10 and the ability to relate to them in a positive, patient, sensitive and nonjudgmental manner.
6. Must have the ability to empathize with mothers regardless of their personal history and be accepting.
7. A sense of humor, wonder and excitement is ideal.
PLACER FAMILY HOUSING BENEFITS
Qualified positions receive paid sick leave, paid vacation leave and a paid dental insurance plan. Qualification is based on the number of regularly scheduled hours per week for each position. For some benefits, 30 hours per week is considered full time. Placer Family Housing does not offer a medical health insurance plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download a position description and application. Resumes without a completed application will not be considered. Completed applications should be submitted to:
Acres of Hope
Attention: Human Resources
By mail: PO Box 238, Auburn, CA 95604
By fax: (530) 878-8009
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org